Deadline: 18 June 2013
The objective of this Call is to pursue the EU efforts aimed at strengthening cluster management excellence in Europe by further using the results and tools developed by the European Cluster Excellence Initiative (ECEI) and building upon the experience gained in the 2011 call for proposals and the current projects dealing with cluster excellence. Applicants are expected to develop all of the following specific activities:
- Participation in training on benchmarking of cluster organisations: training activities addressed to all project partners on how to use the benchmarking tool provided by the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis (ESCA) for assessing the performance of the management of cluster organizations to select up to 6 cluster management organizations.
- Participation in training for cluster instructors and for cluster managers on how to assist cluster managers to improve their management skills and provide high quality services to their cluster members (using the training materials provided by the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence).
- Activities to support the efforts of cluster organisations, awarded with the bronze label of excellence, to acquire the gold one.
All training activities shall be organised in close collaboration with, and under the supervision of, the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis and the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence. Moreover, each project shall develop a strategy and a plan on how they expect to continue their work on cluster excellence after the end of the project as well as a dissemination action (in a separate work package).
BUDGET AND FUNDING
The maximum budget allocated for EU financing under this call is € 1.377.000. Breakdown by individual objectives: € 344.250. EU funding rate up to 95%.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS AND CONSORTIA
Eligible members of the consortium shall be regional or national public authorities or agencies financing and/or managing cluster programmes in their territory. Each consortium should be composed of partners from at least 3 different CIP participating countries. Applications from legal entities established in one of the following countries are eligible:
- EU Member States
- EFTA and EEA countries, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
- Candidates countries
- Non-EU Member countries participating in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (EIP) such as Albania, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Israel, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey.
Consortia involving a majority of CIP participating countries having low experience in cluster management excellence will be considered as a priority for funding (for major details see the annexes of the call). The consortium is invited to use the stress test tool for cluster programmes developed by the project “The Perfect Cluster Programme” before submitting their proposal. Its recommendations should be part of the proposal.
The duration of the projects shall not exceed 24 months.
Foreseen starting date of the action/ work programme: November 2013