An international symposium entitled “Thinking Across Boundaries – How Design Fosters Innovation” will take place in Berlin on 12 December 2014, organized by the Fraunhofer Center for Responsible Research and Innovation. It will put the spotlight on how to integrate user-centered design strategies into research planning and technology development. For the first time, novel concepts, best practices and lessons learned from MIT (USA), ITRI (Taiwan) and Fraunhofer (Germany) will be presented and discussed. The research perspective will be complemented by presentations about experiences in business and in a supranational organization.
The conference offers a unique opportunity to network with key actors from world leading research organizations. It addresses professionals with expertise in ideation, design, innovation management, economics, politics, research and science.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Prof. Dr Carlo Ratti – Director MIT SENSEable City Laboratory
• Dr Wen-Jean Hsueh – Co-Founder ITRI Creativity Lab
• Dr Bettina Maisch – Industrial Design Thinking Lab, Siemens Ltd. China
• Dr Ralph Heinrich – UN Economic Commission for Europe
• Prof. Kora Kimpel – Executive Vice President Berlin University of the Arts
• Prof. Dr Martina Schraudner – Head of Fraunhofer Center for Responsible Research and Innovation
12 December 2014, 9.45 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
Berlin University of the Arts
Auditorium Media House
The conference is free of charge, but registration should be made before Friday 7 November 2014 at http://www.thinking-across-boundaries.de
For further questions, contact Kristin Richter (email@example.com, +49 30 68079690)