As part of its renewed initiative to increase collaboration with other European and national associations which occupy the innovation space, TII has teamed up with ASTP-Proton to organise a 4-day summer school on the theme of “Capturing Research Business Opportunities”. Our joint course will be held in the last week of August from Monday 27th to Thursday 30th and is being hosted by the knowledge transfer and industrial relations office of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice. Registration is now open at https://www.astp-proton.eu/product/summer-school-2018/
Our five trainers from Australia, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland and the UK will share their methods and experience drawn from their lengthy and successful professional careers, backed up by true case studies and anecdotal evidence. They will demonstrate
- What is an opportunity and how to search systematically for one.
- How to create a business case for a technology opportunity and gain insights into useful methods for doing so.
- How to develop a winning commercial strategy for a new technology.
- How to actively develop and manage a transfer from the Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts and improve impact.
- How to create commercial value through licensing and proof of concept funds.
Our summer school is guaranteed to offer a stimulating, practice-based and novel perspective on capturing research opportunities for business which can impact positively on participants’ performance and career.