META Group & ClearViewIP have been selected to run the European Commission’s new service to provide specialised professional IP advice to universities and public research organisations across Europe.
The IP Booster is a free service designed to help PROs and universities address the challenges of
- improving the impact of high-quality research on the market;
- trying to better address IP issues associated with commercialisation;
- searching for experts who can help develop a successful intellectual property strategy.
The team’s carefully selected IP, technology and business strategy experts can examine a PRO’s research results and help to develop the best intellectual property strategies for the organisation. Services include
- determining what type and what amount of IP protection is needed for a project’s intellectual assets, and whether it is necessary to acquire rights to third party IPRs;
- designing a patent landscape to help identify which commercialisation pathways are best for a team’s research;
- conducting a thorough due diligence assessing the quantity and quality of IP assets generated by a project and estimating their future value;
- preparing a project’s patent, design and trademark applications;
- providing advice and support in negotiating technology transfer agreements.
Applications for support can be made via the IP Booster service website at https://ipbooster.meta-group.com/
The first call closes on March 6, but the new service will run until December 2021 and information on upcoming calls and FAQs are posted on the service’s website. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The application must originate from a research group or a Technology Transfer Office of a European university or public research organisation.
- The applicant’s university or organisation must have a PIC (Participant Identification Code).
- The applicant must not be able to secure similar IP services at national level.
Additional queries can be addressed to: email@example.com